Why delivery agent of multi vendor food ordering system frustrate during cash on delivery orders ?
Multi vendor food ordering system alters eating habits of urban people in the recent years. Customers are placing their food requests in online. They are using digital payment methods include debit card, credit card, internet banking, unified payment interface, etc. If the customer is unable to use this payment facility, then they will provide cash to delivery agents. Delivery agents work based on targets and incentives and they are frustrated with cash on delivery orders(COD) for various reasons.
Customers are requested to keep the exact change for COD food requests. But, they are giving currency notes and expecting change from delivery executives. There are more than three hundred orders per month for an executive. Delivery agents are getting more than hundred COD food requests per month. They are unable to arrange the coins and small denomination notes for every order. This issue creates frustration among delivery agents and it affects their performance.
Floating cash deposit
Cash collected from customers is termed as floating cash. The driver should go to delivery hub or bank for depositing this floating cash. The frequency of cash deposit is more than 3 times per week. Delivery agents are unable to concentrate on their work due to this floating cash deposit issue. They are wasting their golden time in the traveling towards the hub or searching the bank. It creates more frustration on themselves.
Safety in cash management
If customers pay through digital payment methods, the driver has no responsibility in the monetary transactions. Drivers are working up to early morning. They get long distance orders in the late night. They are traveling alone on the roads. They are responsible for the cash collected in COD orders. It creates unnecessary fears in the late night.
No orders after cash limit
Every food ordering apps fixed certain cash limits to drivers. Once the driver reaches the limit, the multi vendor food ordering system stops to assign food orders for drivers. There are less chances to deposit the money in the late night. When there are no orders, It affects the confidence level of drivers.
Bad ratings from customer
If driver faces money related issues in the customer's doorstep, customer may give bad ratings. Driver's payout structure is linked with customer ratings. A happy driver dispatches food with smiling face. This cash on delivery orders disturb the driver's attitude and affects the customer satisfaction.
Continuous bank holidays
Food tech companies are providing more offers to customers in the festive days. Dispatch executives are getting more incentives during that time. The food requests are doubled and the average value of the order is also increased. Bank employees will get continuous holidays in the festival days and there is no option of depositing the money in the bank. It is highly demotivate the delivery agents.
- Why delivery agent of multi vendor food ordering system frustrate during cash on delivery orders ?
- How do scheduled orders work in an online ordering system ?
- Order processing steps in multi restaurant online food ordering system
- How does the order verification process of multi restaurant delivery software work ?
- 7 Must-have Features in On Demand Food Delivery Apps and Online Ordering System
- The Ins and Outs of Multi Vendor Marketplace Platform for Businesses
- How to find best Online Food Ordering System for Restaurants Business
- How to optimize Multi Vendor eCommerce Script to drive, retain more sales?
- Current Restaurant Online Ordering System Trends That Benefit Restaurant owners
- 7 ways how Food Delivery App can help grow your restaurant business